Introducing MyChart: Manage your health online
Please raise your hand if you've ever tried to get a medical record from a large healthcare facility and it felt like pulling teeth. You call the phone number you found during a Google search, and immediately wonder if you are going to get the help you need. The person at the other end of the line is trying to be helpful, but may not be familiar with your request. Often, you are transferred to another extension and have to start explaining your need once again.
Well, there's good news: Requests for a radiology report at Providence Imaging Center don't have to be that daunting. With a MyChart account, you can get the information you need--all without using the phone, in a secure and efficient online interaction.
Navigate to the Alaska MyChart page, and we'll walk you through the easy sign up process. Already signed up? Great! You can download a .pdf file that explains MyChart in detail, with a tour of its features. You can also install a free app for your smart phone that gives you access on the go. Ready? Let's dive in.
Introducing MyChart: Manage your health online
Providence Health and Services is pleased to offer MyChart - a free, online service that gives you secure access to your health record – wherever you are and at a time that is most convenient to your busy schedule.
- Access your health information anytime, any place
- Cut down on “phone tag” by sending a message to your physician
- Quickly schedule an appointment, receive appointment reminders and
access upcoming appointment details (this feature not yet available for Providence Imaging Center appointments)
- Access most lab and test results taken during your clinic visit or
inpatient stay, including radiology results *
- View past appointment details and After Visit Summaries
- Stay informed about your loved ones’ health information
- Review your current medication list
- Save time organizing your health files
How do I sign up for MyChart and what will it cost?
If you’re a patient 18 years of age or older you are eligible for MyChart. MyChart is a free service offered by
Providence Imaging Center to our patients.
You can register during an office visit. During your office visit let your health care team member know that you’d like to register for MyChart and they will walk you through registration. If you have scheduled with us over the phone and share your email address, we can send you a link to the MyChart website.
Don’t have an upcoming appointment? That’s ok, you can request your activation code online.
From the MyChart website click the Request an Activation Code button. Complete and submit the online form. If we are able to match you to your health record your activation code will be emailed to you within 72 hours. If we are unable to issue you an activation code you will receive a letter in the mail with next steps on how to obtain your activation code.
Once you have an active MyChart account you can download the MyChart Mobile App.
How do I get this?
After you have activated your MyChart account with Providence:
1. Search for “MyChart” from Epic in the iTunes App Store or the Google Play™ Store.
2. Open the app and access the state where your provider is located. Select MyChart Providence as your provider. Please note that clinics located in Camas, Battleground and Vancouver (WA) are part of the Oregon service area.
3. Log in with your Providence MyChart username and password.
What can I do on the MyChart Mobile App?
- Send a secure message to your care team any time of day
- Reschedule your primary care appointments from anywhere
- Renew your prescription anywhere and anytime
- Review your provider’s instructions and notes from your last appointment
- View most lab or test results, including radiology results *
- View health information including allergies, immunizations and health issues
* As of November 1, 2014, users of MyChart will be able to view radiology results that are generated as of this date, within a few working days.
Patients at Providence Imaging Center have one more option to receive reports, thanks to MyChart. Why not sign up today, so your next report will be accessible online? Remember, you can always ask your ordering provider for a copy of your imaging center written results, or you can contact us directly at the File Room. General medical records at Providence Alaska Medical Center can be requested by calling Medical Records at (907) 212-3170.
To request exam images, or to have them sent to another provider, please call the File Room at (907) 212-3144, or toll-free (888) 458-3151.
Helpful links with more information about MyChart
Ask Customer Service
Need help with the MyChart website?
- Having trouble logging on
- Navigating MyChart
Call or submit a message to MyChart Customer Support:1-877-569-7768 (toll-free), Mon-Fri 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.