From the South Side of Town (Tudor side)
1) One approach is to drive north on Elmore, passing through the Tudor intersection, continuing north a block or so until you come to a three way stop with Providence Drive and APU's entrance. Take a left (west) about 1/2 block to the first traffic light, then turn left (yield during green light) onto Providence East Loop (shortly to be named Wellness Street). There will be a telltale Providence sign that includes Entrance 4.
2) A second approach is to drive north on the New Seward, and turn left (east) on 36th Ave., which becomes Providence Drive once you cross Lake Otis.
3) A third approach is to drive north on New Seward, through the 36th Ave intersection, and take a right on Northern Lights Blvd (east). Then proceed along N.L. until you reach UAA Drive (there is a light here), and turn right (south). Go about 1/4 mile to the next light at Providence Drive, and turn left. Follow signs to Entrance 4.
From the North side of town
1) Drive south on New Seward, taking a left at 36th Ave (east). Proceed to the Providence Hospital campus as described above in number 2.
2) Drive south on Boniface, then turn right on Northern Lights (west), proceeding to UAA Drive. Turn left (south) at the light. Go about 1/4 mile to the next light at Providence Drive, and turn left. For drop off, take the first right straight up to Building A. For parking, take the second right at the light (Providence East Loop, soon to be changed to Wellness St.), and follow directions to the parking garage.
Recommended Parking Spots
1) Parking in front of the A Building can be quite difficult during peak hours, especially when UAA is in session. We recommend using the parking garage (note: it has a height clearance of 6 feet 10 inches) which is attached to our building. You can enter from the north (the road veers right as you approach the A Building), or you can continue along Wellness St. and take a right into the garage, which is about 20 yards further south. Proceed to the second level (it is a three story garage). There are two ramps up and down; either one (east or west ramp) is fine. Park so that you are closest to the back of the A Building (it is north of the garage, attached), and as close to the west end of the garage as possible (this end has two access doors into the facility). The parking level you are on is labeled and color coded. The doors into the facility are automatic, and have ramp access. There is some handicap access parking along the west side of the garage as well. To find our check in desk, either take the A Elevator or adjacent stairwell down one floor. Elevator button is labeled "L" for lobby level. We will be to your immediate right.
2) Early in the day or later in the afternoon, there is often parking in front of our building, which is labeled (23 spots) with appropriate signage. You are of course welcome to park in any spot you can find. Saturdays, parking is never a problem.
3) There is oversize parking to the south, along Providence East Loop/Wellness St. Continue south, past the A Building parking garage. You will come to a three way stop just past this. Continue past the next building (employee parking structure). The next right is the gravel, oversize parking lot, which will accomodate longer trucks and RVs.
Dropping off someone:
To drop off someone, follow signs to Entrance 4, which will lead you to a curved pull up area with a ramp and protective overhang, directly in front of Building "A", which is addressed 3340 Providence Drive. Your passenger can walk inside the building through two sets of glass doors, make an immediate left, and walk about 15 yards to our front desk check in. It is well labeled, with green walls and fern inspired decor, and it is located adjacent to the A Tower elevators, on the first floor.
To make use of valet parking, you will want to go to the Main Entrance (Entrance 3), and a friendly valet will park your vehicle for free. You will then have to walk a bit further, turning left once you enter the facility, and going about 75 yards past the gift shop (on your left) and the C Tower elevators (on your right), past the B Tower elevators (on your left) and the garden area (on your right), into the lobby of the A Tower, which includes an outpatient pharmacy. It is above a new Subway Restaurant, which you will notice right away with its fresh-baked aroma.
From the airport:
Drive east along International Airport Road to C St. Take a left (north) at the light, proceeding to 36th Ave. Take a right at 36th (east), and proceed across the New Seward Hwy. and Lake Otis. 36th Ave. will turn into Providence Drive. Then follow guidelines noted above under "Local Directions", points 2 and 3 if necessary.